Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nygren campaign - out of money?

Just got in the mail, and today I received an envelope from Citizens for Nygren. Ah-ha! I knew what that was. And I recognized the familiar, 7-point star - the emblem of office for the McHenry County Sheriff's Department.

Just to be sure, I got my magnifying glass to read the small lettering on the badge. Sure enough! It reads, "McHenry County Sheriff's Police". The Great Seal of the State of Illinois is emblazoned in the center of the badge. Isn't it illegal to use the Seal of Illinois on political campaign literature?

Now here's the kicker, and why Keith's campaign must be running on Empty.

The envelope was sealed. And empty. There was nothing in the envelope. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Zero.

No plea for funds. No plea for a vote on Tuesday. Apparently, no money to print anything to put in the envelope!

"Too late, Keith. I already voted early." And I didn't vote for you.

Do you think maybe the Post Office took an I.O.U. for the pre-sort Standard U.S. Postage to send that envelope to me? At least, I hope it was paid, since the "stamp" was printed on the envelope.

No comments: