Thursday, April 23, 2009

Comcast - great customer service

Yesterday I called Comcast to inquire about public-access TV channel broadcasting of City Council meetings. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to watch the Woodstock City Council meetings right from the comfort of your own living room?

After weaving my way through the voice tree at (800) COMCAST and then a long wait, a male customer service rep calmed me down and gave me the telephone number at another department. And when I called that number?

Imagine my surprise and pleasure at the friendly greeting and offer to help. The young woman who answered that number informed me that I could get the information I wanted, but from a man at a different number. She inquired whether I was ready to write the number and then spoke it carefully, so that I could write it down on the first try. Then she gave me the name of the man who had the information and spelled his name. And then she offered to transfer me to that man!

Now, that's what I call Great Customer Service.

When he called back later in the day, he explained that the Comcast Government Affairs Department handles requests for public access broadcasting and that the request must come from the City of Woodstock.

If you would watch City Council meetings and would like for Comcast to broadcast them (I think there is no charge to Woodstock), send an email to citymanager@woodstockil.gov

Send a cc: to gus@woodstockadvocate.com, too.

No comments: