Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pyle - safe for another $7,000

Readers are already asking me if the Merit Commission heard a request from Sheriff Nygren today to move off-duty Sgt. Grey Pyle to the unpaid-administrative-leave list.

Pyle's name was mentioned by only one person in the Merit Commission meeting today. By me, when I mentioned during the Public Comment period that last month I had asked the Commission if it could initiate disciplinary action against Pyle.

Did Sheriff Nygren ask the Merit Commission to cut off Pyle's pay? No!

Last month (May 9) the Chairperson told me to contact the attorney for the Merit Commission. I knew, at that very time, that that was a dead-end street. I knew the lawyer would not communicate with me, but I played the game. After a delay trying to get the phone number from the Merit Commission (I had my own guess why I was experiencing a delay in just getting that phone number), I emailed the Commission, asking that my email be forwarded to the attorney.

It was, and later I was informed that the attorney would not speak with me "at that time." Of course, she wouldn't. I knew that as soon as Crowley spoke the words during the meeting. I can just imagine how it went. If Crowley and the attorney had not already discussed whether to answer my question, the attorney would have advised Crowley that she (the attorney) should not speak with me.

And I think it's correct that the attorney should not. She is the Commission's attorney. But she could have advised the Chairperson to answer my question. 

So Greg Pyle collects another $7,000. Next time you see Keith, be sure to thank him for keeping Pyle off the unemployment rolls. Or you might tell him that you think an indicted and alleged sex-crime criminal still on the payroll of the McHenry County Sheriff's Department is an insult to every honest, hard-working deputy and is killing the morale of the Department.

Be sure to ask Keith if he cares about morale at the Department.

1 comment:

Ms.Hillary said...

If it was someone other than a buddy of Zinke and Miller and past supporter of Nygren he'd be gone. What if this was a lowly deputy just doing his job?