Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sheriff Joe!

Joe Arpaio, Sheriff of Maricopa County (Phoenix), Arizona, is 80 years young today. America's Toughest Sheriff.

I met Joe last summer, when he was in Kendall County for a Republican fund-raiser. Whatta guy! I thought he was about 65! Yet he was 79 then.

Joe's all business. A straight talker. I told him I had run for Sheriff in McHenry County and, had I gotten 50,000 more votes, we would have been having that day's picnic up north a few miles. He said I must be from a big county and asked how many votes I had gotten. He was gracious when I told him 4,644.

We need a sheriff like Joe in McHenry County. A guy who stands up for what he believes in. A guy who is "out front". A sheriff who is visible. A sheriff who is engaged in making things better.

Instead of what we've got.

Happy Birthday, Joe!!!

2 comments:

Ken Rossignol said...

The worst thing that could happen to McHenry County would be to lose the local news source and reflective commentator - that is Gus Philpott. Should you become Sheriff, who will tell the people all the rest of what they need to know in their county?

Ms.Hillary said...

your right