Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Read the FEN

You might add First Electric Newspaper (FEN) to your regular internet reading list, especially if you are interested in local news for happenings in Algonquin, Huntley and Lake in the Hills. Check it out at www.firstelectricnewspaper.com and bookmark it.

Pete Gonigam is the publisher, and he gets a lot of local information for residents in the southern part of McHenry County. He also gets (lucky Pete) the police blotters. Hopefully, he receives them electronically and can avoid retyping the extensive information.

Ahh, there is a sticky subject, but I tried only to get the police blotter from the Woodstock Police Department. The Northwest Herald seems to have stopped publishing crime reports from Woodstock. Maybe there is no longer any crime in Woodstock, but I think that's not the case because every week The Woodstock Independent devotes 1/2-page to names, addresses and arrests by the Woodstock Police Department and a few lines (but not very many) to arrests by deputies of the McHenry County Sheriff's Department.

Good luck, Pete. Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's "crime" in Woodstock??? Even with YOU living there? The only cime I thought was me driving around the square in my rust-bucket in a well-nourished state of mind if I dont say so myself. DOH!