Thursday, October 31, 2013

Former jail employee passes away

On July 7, 2012, I wrote about a jail employee, Jessica Fruehe, who was battling serious health issues. Friends were organizing fundraisers for her.

This morning the Northwest Herald carried her obituary. Fruehe, 43, passed away on October 19 at JourneyCare Inpatient Hospice, in Woodstock. Visitation was held last week, and an announcement will be made at a later date about memorials.

I know a number of jail employees. They have a tough job, and most perform their duties in an exemplary manner.

In my 2012 article I wrote that I had inquired of the Sheriff's Dept. administration whether donations could be sent to Fruehe, in care of the Department. The Department had not responded at the time of my article. Fifteen months later, they still haven't.

If I am notified where memorials can be sent, I'll publish the information here.

No comments: