Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chicago Marathon

Darn it. Time got away from me. It's 7:01AM, and the Marathon starts
at 7:30AM. Guess I'll miss the start!

And, for sure, I'll miss the finish.

 I did buy a book in Denver in 1980 - How to Run the Perfect Marathon. That was after I ran my one and only 10K. It started out in southeast Denver somewhere and ended at the State Capitol.

If you haven't done at least one, I highly recommend it. It's definitely not on my Bucket List.

As I looked at the map of today's race, I had fleeting thoughts of the safety of the runners, especially on the western and southern legs of the race. Let's hope that all are safe.

Watch it live at http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Watch-the-2013-Bank-of-America-Chicago-Marathon-Right-Here-215906271.html

No comments: