Saturday, January 21, 2012

Don't mess with Texas

Texas AE7 1123
Those bumper stickers ("Don't mess with Texas") always got my attention. When I lived in Corpus Christi in 1990, they were all over the place. I was always looking for a store that would make a bumper sticker for me that read "Don't mess with Gus". Couldn't find one.

At the Woodstock Public Library this afternoon, some driver in this big pick-up from Texas decided that he was more important than Illinois handicap parking laws. And he got away with it, too. He (I assumed the driver was male) parked in a manner to attract attention, which he got. There were no handicap plates on the truck and no placard hanging from the inside mirror, so he risked a $250 ticket to run into the library.

Do the police ever patrol the library parking lot? Or handicap parking spots anywhere in Woodstock?

I took my "nice" pill this morning and did not sic the Woodstock Police on him. Maybe someone else did, but this is one time when I can say, "I didn't do it."

No comments: