Friday, January 1, 2010

Still in the race

Over the past couple of weeks several people has expressed surprise, when they have learned that I am still in the race for Sheriff of McHenry County. Well, of course, I am.

They have asked questions about the absence of any campaigning by me. What's the answer?

There is no need for me to campaign - yet. In the February 2, 2010, Primary Election I have no opposition, no challenger.

As I approached my decision to run for the office, I had to figure out how one gets elected to the position of Sheriff. Other than the basic qualifications listed for the public office, what would I need?

The answer is simple. I need two things.

1. I must be on the General Election ballot for November 2, 2010.
2. I must get one more vote than anyone else on the ballot for Sheriff.

The first is in the bag. I submitted petitions for the office bearing more than the minimum number of required signatures. There was no challenge to my petitions.

The race for election to the Office of Sheriff really begins February 3, 2010, after the primary for the Republican candidate for Sheriff is determined.

And in February it will only begin to heat up. There are many months before the November 2, 2010 General Election.

So, in case you have been wondering, yes, I am a candidate for Sheriff of McHenry County.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'm hoping TMB vote is the one sending you over the top for that Tin Star.
If that's the case, I will expect to be a member of your "posse", and I cannot accept any position less than Colonel. Afterall- the thug who owns all of Libya is only a Colonel, and over here in the USA we have a fried chicken guy who's a Colonel. Can I expect anything less? DOH!

Karen30036 said...

Don't forget Colonel Angus. DOH!