Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Woodstock police car vs. UPS van

A crash occurred this morning in the 1600 block of South Eastwood Drive (Route 47) between a Woodstock Police car and a UPS delivery van.

I passed by shortly after the crash occurred, and the front of the police car was still against the right rear of the UPS van. The police car was stopped in the southbound lane on Route 47, in the traffic lane and near the curb with its emergency lights activated, and the officer was standing outside the vehicle, looking north and anticipating, no doubt, the arrival of the shift supervisor. The UPS van was mostly in the driveway, facing west, but with the rear of the truck still in the roadway, as if it had been turning left from the northbound lanes.

Damage was visible on the left front of the squad car, which was later towed to the police department parking lot on a rollback tow truck.

About an hour after the crash, a McHenry County Sheriff's Department car was still there, and the deputy was most likely taking statements from the drivers and writing his report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And? This is news? A fender bender? And you're out there an hour after the fact?
There's bigger fish to fry Mister.

Gus said...

We'll have to wait and see whether it is "news".

I just happened to drive by right after it happened. An hour later I was on the way home, on the most direct route, and drove by again.

Maybe I should have taken an alternate route and gone out of my way, so that I could avoid driving by the scene of the crash? Hey, at least I didn't stop and take pictures!

If you'd like to let me know where the bigger fish are, I'll be glad to throw a line in that pond.