Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Deputy Seipler - back to work?

I think it was about a month ago that an arbitrator ruled that Zane Seipler should not have been fired by Sheriff Keith Nygren and that, instead, three days off without pay would have been the appropriate discipline.

There is considerable difference between getting canned and being told to stay home for three days! The arbitrator ruled that Zane should get his job back and receive all his back pay.

That's over a year's back pay, and now plus a month's more pay.

Is Zane back on duty yet? Is he now working for his pay? Are the County residents (taxpayers) now getting value for the compensation owed to Zane?

When I was looking around for a full-time cop job in Colorado, a year's pay was only $23,000. I think it's a little more now.

I had applied to the Littleton (Colo.) P.D., and I took the written test. I was #3 on the written test, and they refused to process me further. Their reason (excuse)? I earned too much as a life insurance salesman, and they didn't think I'd be happy on a cop's pay.

I should have sued them, but I figured that if I won, they'd have me washing police cars instead of driving them!

1 comment:

Richard W Gorski, M.D. said...

I wonder if the Sherrif's Department is using the same legal firm that the City of Woodstock uses; that would explain the reason why they both fail to follow any directives given to them.