Friday, November 27, 2009

Mahon-for-Sheriff Press Release

The following press release was received from the Friends of Mike Mahon. Mike is the Democratic Party candidate for Sheriff of McHenry County. The press release reads:

"On my own initiative and under no requirement to do so, but in the interest of full disclosure to the voters of McHenry County, I am disclosing an 18-year-old incident with a timely lesson as the holiday season approaches.

"In December of 1991 I was charged with driving under the influence in Cook County. At the time of the incident, I was in my personal vehicle and off duty. There was no one with me in the car, no collision and no one was injured in any manner. No breathalyzer was deployed.

"I pleaded 'no contest' to the charge and was sentenced to six months of a suspended license. I maintained my employment with Cook County throughout.

"This incident changed my life for the better. Assisted by family and friends, I came to the conclusion that my life would be greatly improved if I stopped drinking alcohol, and did so. I have maintained that abstinence ever since and have assisted others in finding help for similar problems.

"Especially at this time of year, with its many holiday parties and get-togethers, it's important for all of us to be aware of the temptation to drink and drive both in ourselves and our friends and family.

"Thank you and let's all have a safe and happy holiday season."

1 comment:

Another Lawyer said...

I can't even remember what I did 18 years ago, why is this relevant?