Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas Wish List


Each year for the past several years I have sent my Christmas Wish List to my daughter and siblings.

My List?

Rather than spending money and shipping costs to send a gift to me, I have asked them to make a donation to their favorite charity and to help someone who is in real need to have a little happier time during the holidays.

Soon it will be bell-ringing season for the Salvation Army. I consider the Army worthy of all donations, large and small. As you pass the bell-ringers this year, put some money in. Put some in each time you pass a bell-ringer, even if it is only $5 or $1 or some change. Every little bit counts.

And it also helps to make your contribution now and not wait until the last minute.
Hello? Hear that bell a-ringing? No standing in line at the bell. No taking off your mittens on a freezing cold day. No saying, "I'll give on the way out (and then ducking out the other door)."

No comments: