Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Philpott: "I am the Senator"

What part of "Jesse White has not certified your appointment" does Roland Burris not understand?

If Roland Burris can claim to be the junior Senator from Illinois, then so can I.

Little matter that I did not “pay to play” with Blago (Roland didn't, either) or that Hot Rod picked Roland before he got to my name on his list. Guess I just don’t have the southern Baptist oratory talents of Roland. Was Blago prejudiced against me because of my skin color?

And Jesse White hasn’t certified me, either.

So, maybe I should hop the next jet plane to Washington.

4 comments:

Kyle S. said...

I'm beginning to think Burris is as delusional as Blagojevich.

Gus said...

I sent the following email to Roland Burris' attorney:

"Sir, are you not able to explain to Mr. Burris that he is not legally eligible to become Senator, because Jesse White has not certified his appointment? This is a no-brainer. Everything else is grand-standing."

find the owners manual you fool said...

Maybe you are the one who needs that second legal opinion.

Richard W Gorski, M.D. said...

I have reached a point where I believe Illinois is probably in the top 5 most corrupt States in the US. I trully beleive that the average citizen is cannor fodder and a wallet emptying its money into the coffers of the State and federal government and where is goes after that who REALLY knows...who knows but the career polititians. I also don't even trust a fare share of the US Attorneys we have...who also seem to have their own agendas and that does not always mean truth, justice and the American Way. If we don't see the ressurection of true leadership and demise of politics as a career joice I believe this country will fall apart just like the Sovient Union did...we don't have a lot of time. We will fragment and fall apart into pieces each wanting what he or she can get of the pie before it is gone.