Sunday, January 4, 2009

COA to Demolish?

What's coming down?

On Monday evening the Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) will hold a discussion under General Business related to a COA (Certificate of Approval?) for demolition of three structures at 200-212 South Tryon Street.

The only problem for me is I can't find 200-212 South Tryon.

There is a large tan 3-story multi-family building at what could be 200 South Tryon (no visible street address). Next door to the south of it is a building with the address 212-220 (South Tryon). Will the discussion be about one or both of those buildings?

Or does the Agenda for the HPC meeting mean South Throop Street? The two brick duplexes (pictured) across the street from City Hall are numbered 200-202 and 208-210. But there doesn't seem to be a "third" structure behind them.

So, where is the elusive "200-212" South Tryon Street?

1 comment:

Kyle S. said...

I would have to say that it is the three story on Tryon. There are two structures that I could see; The main three story structure and the garage behind it. There may be a parapit(fire wall) splitting the three story making it actually two. I don't know. I don't actually care either since the structures are an eyesore. No complaints from me on tearing them down. They serve no historial value that I can see.