Monday, January 19, 2009

Hearing/Seeing MLK, Jr.

Do you remember where you were on October 15, 1962?

I do. I was sitting in the front row of King Chapel on the campus of Cornell College in Mount Vernon, Iowa, and the speaker was Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wish I could say that I remember his speech, but I'll re-read it today. And if you would like to read it, go to www.cornellcollege.edu/news-center/features/MLK-19621/index.shtml
Scroll to the bottom right and click on Full Speech.

He concluded his speech with these words (from the Cornell College website): “ ... I am convinced that men hate each other because they fear each other. They fear each other because they don’t know each other, and they don’t know each other because they don’t communicate with each other, and they don’t communicate with each other because they are separated from each other.”

2 comments:

find the owners manual you fool said...

What happened to the post about the mistake in the states attorney's office? I was hoping to use it to compare to the other side of the story.

Gus said...

Please see the re-written story and re-post your comment there. Perhaps you can add some input as to why they "lost" the $2,700?