Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Impeachment not on State website

Yesterday I emailed the governor's office about the absence of impeachment information on the State website at www.illinois.gov

Today a very nice man, who can remain nameless and who probably drew the short straw in the governor's office, called in response to my inquiry. He explained that the State website is mostly for "good" news and that the impeachment information can be found at www.ilga.gov If you go there, though, you'll have to be a genius to find it.

I understood that he was just the "messenger" and that his job security required him to speak in politically-correct terms. He did a good job of doing so.

And he got my point when I said that illinois.gov is the State website and that it is for all important news for the State of Illinois. And certainly a governor's impeachment qualifies as important news.

Who really is in charge of www.illinois.gov? Is it the governor's P.R. website? I hope not.

No comments: