Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dr. Majewski announces for Coroner

The following press release was received from Dr. Anne Majewski, candidate for McHenry County Coroner in the November 2012 election.


PRESS RELEASE

Dr.  Anne L Majewski has announced her intent to run for McHenry County Coroner.   A lifelong resident of McHenry County, Dr. Majewski is a licensed physician in the State of Illinois since 1984.  She practiced as an obstetrician-gynecologist at Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington.  Her medical expertise, compassion and communications skills enabled her to attract an extensive patient base and, within a year, became a full partner in a very busy medical practice.  Currently, she is a private medical consultant.  She also provides medical advocacy services on a pro bono basis

“I believe that a Coroner’s Office consisting of a physician and a well-trained investigative staff, who perform their duties with a caring and humanitarian approach, would best serve our county.  I will work closely with law enforcement agencies, the State’s Attorneys Office, consulting medical examiners and experts, private physicians, and funeral directors throughout the county to ensure that the highest quality of service is rendered.  My medical training, analytical skills, practice experience, and continuing medical education will enable me to be an excellent Coroner.”

“As a physician, I have had to share very sad news with patients and their families.  I would approach my duties as Coroner with the same care and compassion to which my former patients, fellow medical and hospital staff and community could attest.”

“As an elected official, it is my duty to effectively manage taxpayer dollars.  I will review the half million dollar budget, as well as all operating procedures and investigatory costs, to determine where we can save money while at the same time maintain the highest quality medical and statutory standards.”  

“It is also my duty to help bring awareness to the community.  In view of the number of suicides in our county over the recent past,  I want to work with mental health agencies, schools and community groups to help identify trends and risk factors, and to assist in education and prevention.  I also plan to work closely with nursing homes and hospice organizations to ensure prompt and thorough reporting.”     

No comments: