Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cal Thomas hammers the nail in

I had to laugh this morning, when I read Cal Thomas' column in the Northwest Herald. Has he been reading the Woodstock Advocate? Remember last week, when I sounded off about Supt. Bregy in District 300, who apparently still thinks that Sears Holdings Corp. is going to "play nice" in the tax game?

Cal wrote, in part, referring to the professors and academics who have found nests in President Obama's tree, "Few, if any, have held real jobs in the private sector. They are mostly theorists, whose theories are often proved wrong, but in academia, as well as in government, being wrong rarely disqualifies one from a leadership post. Intentions are all that matter."

What has happened to the crowd for whom results matter? I'm in that crowd. Talking is one thing; doing and accomplishing are something else.

When people tell me they will "try", I know nothing is going to happen. I'll try to be there. I'll try to repay you. I'll try to do better.

What did Yoda say? "Try not. Do."

No comments: