Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Marengo P.D. - very professional

Earlier today I called the Marengo Police Department for information about the goings-on at Locust Elementary School, where profanity abounded in the school hallway during school hours last Thursday. I have the name of the man who was out-of-control, but I won't publish it until I get the police report from Marengo P.D.

But the man is still on the school grounds. I do wonder what DCFS would have to say about whether his demeanor and actions last Thursday were in any way illegal in the presence of children. Was his manner threatening? Have his actions since been threatening?

Will I get the information? You bet. When I spoke with the duty sergeant, he suggested that I file a FOIA request to get the same report that the Northwest Herald has gotten. No hesitation at all. He offered to provide it upon receipt of the FOIA Request. I just won't get it out the door before he goes home tonight.

Guess where the Northwest Herald got its tip?

Stay tuned!

No comments: