Thursday, July 10, 2008

Is John McCain 2 Old 2 B Prez?

On Tuesday's Talk of the Nation program on NPR the topic was whether John McCain is too old to be president.

The head of an Arizona Alzheimer's chapter urged Americans to examine his "slips" and to question whether his ability to govern might deteriorate in four years. He was concerned about McCain's ability to govern even today.

The head of a major eastern university unit on aging took the other side, saying nothing in McCain's qualifications rules him out.

One of the radio guests strongly urged annual cognitive testing along with the annual physicals for a president.

Then today I received this link: www.brasschecktv.com/page/325.html

Click on it, then watch and listen; it's short. Then decide. Remember, POTUS is elected for four years. McCain will be 72 when he takes office, if he is elected. He'll be 76, when the term is up. Will he be able to lead the U.S. for four years? Can he even lead it now?

By the way, this is not a Republican vs. Democrat issue. I'd feel the same way if the Democrat candidate were 72 and making these slips and the Republican candidate were much younger. This is an Age issue. Old age.

Further, if McCain calls me and asks me to be his Vice-President, I won't accept. I'm too old to take over, if he can't serve!

© 2008 GUS PHILPOTT

3 comments:

Unknown said...

George Washington and Ben Franklin will probably start rolling around in their graves if Obama bin Laden gets elected. What a mess this election has come to. If he gets elected this country will fall apart or or he will be shot.

Richard W Gorski, M.D. said...

As for me, I choose proven quality, endurance, courage and wisdom, and bravery to be my Commander In Chief...I choose McCain not an unknow entity who has good speech writters and a good sales pitch.

Unknown said...

"Change", what a weak campaign. Anyone who goes in the office will make a "change". If I had come up with that, people would vote for me. I guess its just a change back to the Clinton regime.