Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Farmers' Market Over-Parking?


Each Tuesday and Saturday the Farmers' Market takes over the Square and occupies many parking spaces that would otherwise be available for customers of the fixed-location stores lining the Square.

Business hours for the Farmers' Market are, I believe, 8:00AM to 1:00PM. Recognizing that set-up and break-down times are needed, I was surprised this afternoon to see one trailer being removed at 3:30PM. Surprised, I say, because I think this same trailer was being removed last week at about the same time.

I can't imagine that it takes 2.5 hours to wind up one's business, put all the unsold merchandise back in the trailer, count up the dough, hoof to the truck and make tracks.

Does anyone know why this trailer is remaining on the Square until 3:30PM?

No comments: