Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wed. Sale - where are the cutomers?

Today was a Wednesday sale (8AM-1PM) at the new Kohl's in Woodstock.

Where was everybody? Come on, folks. We've got our own Kohl's here now. No more hauling over to Crystal Lake.

Have you been in the new store yet?

I knew about it from the insert in today's Northwest Herald. Of course, if you are not a subscriber, you wouldn't know about it from that source. You can sign up for email blasts from Kohls at www.kohls.com

I remember talking with a newspaper publisher in Kansas City 25 years ago who was bemoaning the loss of subscribers. Yes, even then... I told him that every household in town was losing money, if they didn't subscribe to his paper. Most families can save more money every week with coupons than a subscription costs, so why not subscribe?

And those families who are serious couponers save even more.

You don't have to like the politics or the favoritism of the local paper to gain financially from having it dropped at your door every morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kohl's has some nice stuff... but unfortunately thier sizes only go to 2XL. TMB exceeds that size. Therefore, when I sell back my empty beer cans, I use the cash for clothing at JCP... they also have real good stuff and an extensive "fat man's" section too! Doh.

Debra said...

I had no clue it was even open.
Thanks for the info Gus!

Karen30036 said...

TMB ... there's always Farm and Fleet for that large girth of yours.

Dave Labuz said...

TMB -

Lately, I'm almost within the realm of 1X -

The realm of mere extra-lard, much less double. Lost of 70# so far.

When you buy Kohls, you help the family of the soon-to-be-deposed politician Herb Kohl of Wisconsin.

They already ran an epynominous grocery chain into the ground a decade or two ago, and so they might end up doing the same for a clothing store.

Like you, I like their suppliers, I like thier prices, but up until lately, could not either find sizing that had fit my requirements.

Gee, TMBD, could it be the Khol family finds both you and I irrelevant?

We're LARGE & IN CHARGE!

LOL! Buy-Bye Kohl's! LOL!