Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ill. Secretary of State - boooo

Until today I was pretty pleased with the website and ease of reaching the office of the Illinois Secretary of State. Then I noticed its website had been re-designed. I wonder ... do they ever field-test changes before springing them on the public?

The new design makes it almost impossible to look up corporation status. At least, easily.

Then I called the SOS office at 217.782.6212. You know, be a good citizen; don't use the tollfree number. I didn't want to wait through three minutes of voice menu, so I pressed Zero. What do I hear? "Good bye."

Nice job, folks. When a caller presses zero to reach an operator, just disconnect the call.

3 comments:

Richard W Gorski, M.D. said...

Now you know why Illinois is in the shape it is in.

Anonymous said...

SOS office has caller Id and they kew it was YOU! DOH! Godd bye.

Dave Labuz said...

Holy Crap Gus!

You mean to tell us Jesse's web site is even MORE inscrutable than ever before?!?

I wouldn't have thought it was even possible!

Wow - accomplishment - a rare thing!