Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Workforce Network - in business?

Is the McHenry County Workforce Network in business?

Yesterday one of its Woodstock "customers" told me he had gone to the office on Russel Court and was told by a person leaving that the office was closed this week. I urged him to contact the office himself and verify the information, rather than relying on an unofficial person. (It is open this week.)

When I attempted to call for information today, I got a continuous busy signal for 45 minutes, when dialing the main number of 815.338.7100  Don't they have an electronic attendant that answers and routes calls? Is it overwhelmed with the number of callers? If all the office lines are busy, do other callers then get a busy signal? If so, it's an inadequate, antiquated system and needs to be replaced! (And, yes, I know that costs money.)

Just after 10:40AM I was able to get through. After listening to the recorded hours, I confirmed with an employee that  they are open.

Normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM. The office will probably be closed on Monday, February 20, in observance of the Washington Birthday holiday.

No comments: