Monday, July 11, 2011

Concealed carry in Wisconsin

What's a concealed carry permit in Wisconsin going to cost? $50.00. And that's for five years!

There are big (and positive) changes in Wisconsin's gun law. If you plan to carry open or concealed in Wisconsin, read the laws - very carefully. Apparently, beginning November 1 you can carry openly in a vehicle, except in a school zone (and maybe other places).

Read the law carefully.

For beginning information, go to Facebook and then join the Wisconsin Carry group.

But, in the end, read the Wisconsin law itself.

2 comments:

bill Matteson said...

Gus
So I visit my daughter in WI. can I open carry? or open carry in my car.
Does the WI open carry law apply to WI residents only

Gus said...

Good questions, Bill. I suggest calling the Wisconsin State Patrol and also the police department in the city where you will be.

I think, but I am not sure, that any person can carry openly, if not in a prohibited class, such as felon.

I think the in-vehicle provision might be in the new law, which doesn't take effect until November. Check out Wisconsin Carry on Facebook. It's worth joining (I did). They worked hard on that law.