Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Graffiti damage - only $100

I was delighted to learn from Woodstock City Hall that the estimated cost to correct the graffiti damage done to the Hill St. water tower recently was only $100.

I had called Public Works first to ask what the estimated cost was, after I tried to estimate the total for repainting the several water tower legs and the small buildings under the tank. No estimate was available, so I called City Hall.

I was concerned that the cost might have been much higher, considering that probably at least two Public Works employees and a supervisor might have been involved, along with at least one truck and painting supplies, such as sandblasting equipment, primer, paint, brushes, cleaner. I didn't know whether two trips might have been required; one to prime, one to paint.

But the City got it all done for $100 - a very efficient and economical repair job. With costs at only $100, now I understand why there was no press release to the community and no contact with Crime Stoppers to offer a reward to catch the vandals.

Hopefully, Woodstock officers and detectives have identified the tagger(s) and that an arrest will be announced soon.

No comments: