Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shop Woodstock

Check out the new merchant service on the homepage of the City of Woodstock at http://www.wooodstockil.gov/

It's just getting started, and little individualized information is listed so far, but many Woodstock businesses have been populated into the database. It's not clear from what source the initial business listings have come, but some type of business records are used. For example, Oakfield Ford is better known as Bull Valley Ford; perhaps it is the leasing division or holding company.

A little fine-tuning of the database would be helpful, too, but you'll recognize Dwight's Auto Bady (sic) as a place to get those dings knocked out.

Businesses can have their own listings added. "Gus Philpott, Hypnotherapist" will be there soon.

2 comments:

yagottabekidding said...

Sure hope you're registered with the State and Feds and have all relevant FEINs in order.

Gus said...

tired..., you betcha. Thanks.

I remember a day in Denver when the Denver Tax Assessor thought he had a right to come into my insurance agency office. He just barged right in with the office manager.

I was on the phone with a client and "barged" the assessor right back out into the hallway. I told him he was welcome to come back by appointment and not to ever just barge in again unannounced.

He huffed and he puffed, like that was going to scare me. He suspected I hadn't paid my Denver City property tax (or whatever he was there after), which most life insurance agents had ignored.

I knew I had and that I was probably the only life insurance agent in the City who had. He never came back.