Thursday, April 18, 2013

John Kerry - only 4 bullets away from POTUS

I've never particularly liked John Kerry, not that I know him personally. And maybe I should learn not to judge a book by its cover...

But when I think that that guy is the U.S. Secretary of State and the face of our nation around the world, I cringe.

I had heard of Unfit for Command, the book by the Swift Boat veterans when Kerry was running for U.S. President. This week I began reading it.

Is the U.S. worse off with Kerry than it was with Hillary Clinton at the post? How will the U.S. ever regain its stature in the world?

This morning I got to thinking where the Secretary of State stands in the line-of-succession to the presidency. And who is in the list?

1. Vice President Joe Biden (D)
2. Speaker of the House John Boehner (R)
3. President pro tempore of the Senate Patrick Leahy (D)
4. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry (D)
5. Secretary of Treasury Jacob Lew (D)
6. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hegel (R)
7. Attorney General Eric ("Fast & Furious") Holder (D)

15. Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Homeland Security (and purchaser of over 1 Billion bullets for DHS, so that civilians find it almost impossible to purchase ammo for their own firearms)? Whew...

I was definitely calmer and more relaxed before I wrote that list!

No comments: