Wednesday, April 17, 2013

HB0831 being fast-tracked - call today

House Bill 0831 is being fast-tracked by the anti-gun crowd. Call Rep. Jack Franks today and tell him to vote NO on the Amendment 1 and on HB 0831. There is only one sponsor, but that one is Speaker Mike Madigan. It could come up for a vote at any time!

Rep. Kelly Cassidy (D-14) pitched her anti-gun amendment onto a simple, unrelated bill only yesterday. She filed Amendment 1 on April 16 and it went to the Rules Committee yesterday.

The Rules Committee is chaired by Rep. Barbara Flynn Currie (D-25) and who is no friend of fair and equitable firearms legislation). The Rules Committee is where fair legislation dies.

What happened to Cassidy's Amendment? It's already out of the Rules Committee! In one day! And with a "recommendation" that it be adopted.

Yeah, sure... If you read Cassidy's amendment, you'll see what a piece of trash it is.

Why is it that Cassidy and Currie, and people like them, refuse to give us law-abiding citizens a chance to be safe and secure outside our homes?

When a concealed carry law passes and I have a license, you will never know that I am carrying. Only one person will ever be in danger, as a result of my being armed. That's the criminal who attempts to seriously injure or kill me. Or you.

Yes, if you are being threatened with death or serious bodily injury, I will come to your rescue. If a police officer, deputy or trooper is being harmed, I shall aid him. Beyond that, you'll never know that I am armed and you will have nothing to fear by my being armed. And I believe this is true for other licensed, law-abiding citizens.

But Cassidy and Currie and other Illinois legislators just don't get it. They want me to be defenseless. So I say, let them expose themselves to the same risks.

For example, I would like to attend the townhall meeting on Saturday, April 27, at 2:00PM at the Chicago Vocational Career Academy, 2100 East 87th Street in Chicago. Do you know where that is? Right in the middle of the War Zone! Would it be safe for my white face to show up there? And to take the 'L' and a bus or the Metra Electric District train? How adventurous am I? Am I brave enough?

I wonder if I could get Rep. Cassidy and her three children to ride with me?

No comments: