Monday, March 18, 2013

Feinstein on guns

I emailed Sen. Dianne Feinstein this morning. I wonder if it's true that all email to her is read and carefully considered. Think so?

I wrote,

"Sen. Feinstein,
  Your position on gun control is dangerous to the freedoms that were won through hard fights for years. Surely, a person of your importance could figure out how to go after the criminals and not continue efforts to disarm law-abiding citizens. WE are not the problem. Why do we need "bazookas"? Because the Government has them! Do you really understand what a "militia" is and what its purpose is?
  Please retire, rather than continuing attempts to destroy this country."

I also wrote to Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas to thank him for his efforts to protect our rights and freedoms.

3 comments:

Gus said...

Think this auto-reply means that my email is not going to read, after all?

"Thank you for sending me your electronic mail message. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

"Because of the volume of e-mail that is received by my office, we can only respond to email that includes a California postal address. Please resend the text of your e-mail message, including your postal address, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.

"Should you need additional information about the Congress, or my offices in Washington and California, please visit my homepage on the World Wide Web. The address is http://feinstein.senate.gov.

"Thank you again for contacting me, and I hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Sincerely,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator"

Gus said...

The idiocy of Sen. Feinstein's auto-reply is that I have no way of retrieving the text of my email to her, because it was sent on her webform (because she doesn't reveal her direct office email address).

Plus, my mailing address was on the webform.

Just another smoke-and-mirrors "class act" by an unthinking politician who really doesn't care what people think.

Clem Kadiddlehopper said...

Feinstein's bill is dead.