Thursday, October 18, 2012

Here's a good one for you.

In case people are wondering about some of the management problems at the Chamber of Commerce, here's a good example.

The Chamber spent a lot of money and time planning a golf outing for Monday, October 15.

I'm not a golfer, but isn't mid-October a little late for a golf outing?

On October 10 I showed up at 8AM for what I had been told would be a Membership Committee meeting, only to find out the meeting had been changed to October 11 at 3:30PM. I felt like a very un-valued member, since I had asked when the meeting would be and had been told only a week before - but not told it was changed.

The golf committee was to meet at 8AM, although at 8AM no one was there.

The Golf Outing event remained on the Chamber's homepage through Monday, October 15.

But today, when I visited the Chamber's Facebook page to "Unlike" it, I found that my previous "Like" had already been changed. Bash, bash, bash...

And I found a notice on the Chamber's Facebook page, dated October 11, that "We have been informed by the Bull Valley Golf Club that they have cancelled the Chamber outing scheduled for today (emphasis added) due to weather." Below the "notice" was the announcement for the Golf Outing, which read that the date of the Golf Outing was Monday, October 15.

No, it wasn't scheduled for October 11; it was scheduled for October 15!

Anybody else confused?

If your business is a member of the Woodstock Chamber, be careful, very careful, about suggesting that the leadership is doing anything wrong. You too might find yourself kicked out of the Chamber unilaterally by the President and Executive Director.

No comments: