Monday, June 21, 2010

Conversation wanted with deputy

I would like help from readers (many of whom are in law enforcement) to contact the McHenry County Sheriff's Deputy who told an employee at the Woodstock DQ to take down the missing person poster about Beth Bentley and that she had been found.

The conversation can be on the record or off the record.

I would like to know, and those who are actively following the reports on Facebook and www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106331 would like to know, the source of the information that the deputy used to so direct the worker at the DQ.

If you know the deputy. please ask him to contact me. Contact information is to the right. Deputies here know I am discreet.

Did the deputy get the information at roll call or from his supervisor? Or from another deputy or law enforcement officer with another department? Did he attempt to verify it before passing it on?

It would be very unusual for a deputy to pass along unverified information in a missing person case, so this should not be read as a catch-the-deputy effort.

I also am aware of the warnings at the MCSD about any deputy who gets caught talking to me. There is no need to restate the threats of "c-and-c" that were made a while back. I have however, been told of other "warnings" that have replaced them more recently.

If you work at the MCSD and have been thinking about contacting me for any reason, rest assured that, in more than four years, I have never revealed a confidential source of information.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You always assume I'm a cop, want to talk with me? I also pretend to be a cop sometimes just like you do too!

Gus said...

Thanks for your admission that you pretend to be a cop sometimes.

You are, of course, incorrect as to the part "just like (I) do, too", because I don't. I am keenly aware of the line that exists between civilian duty and law enforcement authority, and I am careful not to cross it.