Thursday, June 10, 2010

Be careful - and save $250

When I pulled into the City parking lot this morning, across Calhoun St. from the back of the Opera House, I thought I was lucky when the very first spot was open. Good deal, I thought!

But after I stopped, I realized I was staring at what looked like a lonely and naked metal sign post. Lonely it was, but not naked. Hiding up in the branches was the Handicap Parking sign and the $250 Warning Sign.


And, sure enough, there on the pavement was a handicap parking symbol - a little worse for the wear, but it was still there.

I like visiting City Hall, but not enough to fork over $250, so I parked elsewhere. I do wonder how many unsuspecting drivers could pull into that spot and miss the symbol on the pavement while they are watching for pedestrians and other cars.

No comments: