Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Granny Scam

You may want to alert grandpas and grandmas you know (even yourself?) of a telephone scam reported on MSNBC, in which callers pretending to be grandchildren ask for money - and get it.

Just imagine your grandchild (or nephew or niece or ???), with whom you might have had infrequent contact, calling to say that he (she) had been in an accident in Canada. "Dad's going to be really mad, because I'm supposed to be in school in Arizona. I need money for the doctor and to get the car so it will run."

Would you send money? What if he said, "Don't tell Dad. I'll tell him when I get back."

These con artists actually get people to wire money to them.

You can read the article at www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26859652/from/ET/

Before you decide no one would fall for such a scam, think about it. Then share this information with some of the older folks you know.

Hang on a minute. My phone is ringing...

No comments: