Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rubes Cartoon - Going, going....

I could read the Northwest Herald online (only), but it's my choice to continue my subscription to the print edition, which is delivered faithfully to my door every morning by the same carrier who has brought it for three years. The first cartoon I read is Rubes, by Leigh Rubin. I get a good chuckle every day.

There are other cartoons I read, too, but, if time is limited, I make sure to read Rubes.

Now the Northwest Herald is about to dump Rubes. Chris Krug writes about changes on Page 2 today.

Well, Chris, how about changing back and deciding to keep Rubes. Just make a little more room, or stick it on a news page. We could use the lift. Chris wrote that "reader feedback" helped the Northwest Herald decide which to keep and which to can. What reader feedback was that? I must have missed that issue.

If YOU would like the Northwest Herald to keep Rubes, there are certain folks at the Northwest Herald to contact.

Sr. Managing Editor Dan McCaleb at dmccaleb@nwherald.com or at dmccaleb@shawsuburban.com or telephone Dan at (815) 459-4040 ext.4603.

General Manager and Executive Editor Chris Krug: 815-459-4122 or via e-mail at ckrug@nwherald.com

Write or call today. Don't wait. The sooner they hear, and the more readers who comment, the better the chance that Rubes will still appear in the Northwest Herald.

No comments: