Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 Near Misses in 1 Day

During a short motorcycle spin to the library this afternoon, I was almost hit twice. Thank goodness for near misses.

The first time was at the five-way corner of South-Madison-Lake, just west of the tunnel. It was a good thing I had made my usual full stop. As I started up slowly, a driver who had come through the tunnel and was busy driving one-handed so she could keep yakking on her cell phone, started to turn left right in front of me. She saw me in time and then waved me in front of her - I think, with the hand that had been on the steering wheel!

The next time, just about five blocks later, was when a man driving up the hill on Calhoun didn't stop at Hayward before pulling out into the intersection.

I wonder what part of S-T-O-P drivers don't understand.

No comments: