Saturday, June 16, 2012

It couldn't be from Zinke (could it?)

A very strange email showed up in my email box this afternoon. Do you suppose that someone is impersonating the undersheriff of McHenry County? It certainly couldn't be from the undersheriff, because he would be careful to spell my name correctly. Wouldn't he?

What do you suppose is meant by "I understand you write..." Surely, Zinke knows that I write it. Why would he not have read it? He surely wouldn't take someone else's word about it. Would he?

So, in case he is interested in who sent it, so he can trace the email address, it came from "zinkeforsheriff@gmail.com".

Of course, if it is from him, he might want to refresh himself about the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Last time I checked, Illinois was still in the United States of America.

Guss,
Though I have never met you, I understand you write a cynical and hateful blog that is critical of the police, fire, and rescue community.  Please accept this notice, on behalf of myself and my family that you are not welcome at any of my personal or political activities. You do not have my permission to write any blogs or post any photographs of myself or my family.  Be assured, I will continue to serve the citizens of McHenry County and the employees of the Sheriff’s Office as I have for the past 23 years, with honor, compassion, and professionalism.  I enjoy my job and look forward to being the next Sheriff of McHenry County.
Andrew Zinke
Woodstock, IL.

Gee, my blogs aren't hateful, are they?

In case you run into Zinke somewhere, you might ask him whether he actually emailed that to me.
If you don't know him, this will help. He's the one on the left, so I hear.

7 comments:

ABZ for Sheriff (Anyone But Zinke) said...

What a douche! Coward move. Serious coward move.

ABZ for Sheriff (Anyone But Zinke) said...

This guy is a moron. When he enters into the political arena he is free game. Does he actually think that this email has any legal meaning at all? If he does then he is too stupid to be Sheriff.

Curious1 said...

Gus,
If you don't think that your blog at times comes off as hateful you have a serious self awareness issue.

As far as the email, many local blogs have a habit of going hard after local candidates families. For Zinke it has started already. It's disgusting and politics at it's most gutter ugliness. Most are disgusted by it, but the reality is it is becoming the norm locally. Can't blame a guy for engaging to giving his opinion on if his family is fair game to attacks.

Gus said...

Curious1, thanks for your comment. I'll give you a couple of points on "hateful".

Yes, I hate it when cops give other cops a break, while they are socking it to a "lowly" citizen.

And I hate it when MCSD uses internal discipline (30 days or less) to resolve Crimes committed by deputies. Or when MCSD allows an employee to resign, instead of charging him with a crime. (Not talking about Pyle here)

And I hate it when I hear rumors about a couple of deputies driving their families to Missouri on vacation in MCSD unmarked vehicles.

And I hated it when Nygren told me (in his office) that he had to drive 20MPH over the limit in Wisconsin just to keep up with traffic.

Midnight Rider Review said...

Nobody attacked Zinke nor his family. Zinke "First" sent out a couple of those emails, PRIOR to anybody calling him on it.

Zinke opened the door, wide open with his personal attacks on others.

His email to Gus was very tempered compared to another I've seen.

I also recall a letter Zinke sent to States Attorney Bianchi. Again Zinke showed aggression when none was warranted.

Cry all you want about the paybacks.

Curious1 said...

Midnight rider...You are sadly incorrect. Zinke's letter came after a very ugly personal attack on his wife's family on another local blog often linked to this one. I am not going to dignify that attack by pointing you to it, but at some point the ugly personal attacks on peoples families need to stop.

Gus said...

Curious1, Zinke's letters preceded what you term an "attack" on his family.

You may have noticed the image of the glass house on that blog. The letters (note, plural) from Zinke were the stones he threw first.