Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Certain campaign donations to be refused

The Dirty Keith/Dirty Harry blog (www.dirtykeithvsdirtyharry.blogspot.com) today lists some political campaign contributions from a major McHenry County bank and also from a sheriff's department employee being promoted to Sergeant.

As a matter of principle, I intend to refuse all contributions to my campaign for McHenry County Sheriff that I know to be coming from deputies, corrections officers or employees of the Sheriff's Department. Personally, I believe that employees should not contribute to a political campaign of their boss, and I believe the boss (here, the Sheriff) should refuse all such contributions from employees. And from vendors, too!

If they want to send them anonymously, fine. No problem. Send them in. "Small, dirty, unmarked, non-consecutively-numbered bills, please." (Just kidding.) Every dollar (that's every dollar) of campaign contributions will be accounted for in all required reports.

As a Green Party candidate I shall not accept any corporate contributions. None. If an owner of a company wants to contribute, don't send a corporate check.

Where will my campaign contributions come from? From the People of McHenry County. The little guys. The moms and the pops. The voters. The people who are fed up with the way things have been.

The people who believe that cops ought to be the first to obey the laws, not the last.
The people who still believe that the police motto is "Protect and Serve", not "Deflect and Swerve."
The people who believe the Constitution of the United States gives us rights that a mayor or a sheriff can't take away.
The people who believe that we don't need more laws; we need the current laws enforced.
The people who believe we have the right (the right, not a privilege) to defend ourselves outside our homes.
The people who believe that laws should be enforced fair, firmly, impartially.

6 comments:

Notawannabee said...

You link your blog to the Dirty Keith blog which makes you complicit in this underhanded slap. (And you wonder why the police despise you) In your first sentence you have a direct link to the dirty Keith blog, then come back and play the sqeaky clean greenie that won't take money. How about this? Nobody would donate anyway, so it's like sour grapes. "I won't take it anyway."

If you had my REAL name and looked, you may find my name in the list of contributors for several politicians. Sometimes finding several on one date as is the case with the questioned entries.

When you attend a fund raiser, the checks are made out to the "Citizens to Elect (name inserted here)" My name is proudly on several local lists.

If I purchased a round of golf, with a golf cart, that is one check. If I purchase dinner at the event for myself and my wife, another check. If I bid on donated silent auction items, maybe another check.

I written several checks in one night just at a Ducks Unlimited or NRA dinner.

There is nothing evil about this. MANY employees support their bosses and attend these functions. To smear this Sgt using wild innuendo is just wrong. I hope he sues and wins big. This Sergeant is a hard working deputy. To diminish his promotion and accomplishment by innuendo is reprehensible.

Fact is that an independent testing firm is hired and conducts the promotional testing. To be eligible a deputy MUST pass these promotional tests.

If Bachmann and others have an issue with NYGREN, then go after Nygren. Slandering his employees or his wife is just plain hatred.

Gus said...

Since you have a real name, why don't you put it on all your comments?

Bounty Hunter said...

Sir you need to learn what 'Slander' really means? Slander is a 'spoken' falsehood about somebody...

What is written by me is nothing less than proven facts as documents prove.

YOUR CREATIVE MIND, suppositions the 'innuendo?'

The point of my article is about appearances.. Im certain Sgt. Ellis is not only hard working, but deserving. Thus, it is best that office holders NOT take money from employees. It takes away from the employees credibility in the public's eye.

Tax payers have a right to look at public documents. Tax payers have a right to a 'Constitutionally Protected Opinion.' I guess you have forgotten your in America? Sue, Sue Sue....Go ahead, make my day!

Careful what you wish for on lawsuits there 'guy who wont give his real name!' (pussy) They tend to open doors for many others to be dragged thru!

Maybe I should sue you for your innuedo about my postings. Are you accusing me of saying that the only reason Sgt Ellis received his promotion was because he provided money to Nygren. Please copy and paste that for me. If not, go climb back into your little hole.

Notawannabee said...

Why else, David, would you include the political donations other than to try and draw some conclusion of favoritism?

Over the past few months you have belittled and attacked several deputies BY NAME. Again I reiterate that if you have a problem with Nygren, then address issues with his political agenda, not the public reputations of MCSO employees.

Bounty Hunter said...

Perhaps you are unaware of some things that I have endured via some Deputies? Things sent to me PRIOR to my bringing up ANY others. Things sent to me, from the Sheriff's Department's Computer system! (Proved by FBI)

I did remove the Ellis story. I will tell you that I know factually, the Ellis family are hard working good people. My father and Sgt. Ellis father were business associates and enjoyed a very positive and productive business relationship.

My intent was about the 'appearances.' Obviously, you were lead to a conclusion of which was not intended.

Tomorrow I will tell a story about a LULUC member who was given a 'private' tour of the Federal ICE Detention area of the McHenry County Jail. Can anybody go in to 'perform' an 'inspection?'

You will see how much money this LULAC big wig has given Nygren. Again, you will be the judge.

Again, to any deputies who may have been offended by my posting, I regret our misconceptions of each others 'intent.'

Obviously, SGT. Ellis has worked there for over 10 years. I believed readers would have connected the dots.

I do stand firm on the belief that it should be law, that employees cannot donate. For the very reasons I tried to 'depict.'

Thank you.

walrushunter said...

Sgt. E hardworking? Wasn't this the same guy who was suspended from the TWAT team for 60 days for lack of activity. Then he cried after being told. Didn't he fail the sgt. exam like 5 times. His family donated over $8000 per SBOE records. He would have been promoted sooner but he couldn't pass the test. He couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag. Was he in the detective divs., how long did that last? There are so many more qualified deputies. A year or two as sgt. and he'll make that $8K back no problem. Also, the deputies that pass the test are not taken by top score first, they are placed on a list and hand picked by the sheriff.