Saturday, July 23, 2016

Jon Stewart - so wrong

I read about Jon Stewart's rant on the Stephen Colbert Show, where he said that Trump backers don't own the USA.

I remember Jon from ABC's The View in 1999. I was there for what turned out to be my five minutes of TV fame, and he and sat in the Green Room before the show began.

ABC staffers were fawning over him. I had no clue who he was and didn't care. He didn't even seem to notice me and didn't care. I didn't care that he didn't. I'm glad he didn't say "Hi, I'm Jon Stewart", because then I didn't have to fake acting like I knew who he was.

He got the bulk of the show time, and I got my five minutes at the end. That wait was worth it. Before the Executive Producer called me, after Jon Hilkevitch had written about my traffic crusade in a Monday column in the Chicago Tribune, I had never heard of The View. When the EP asked me to promise I wouldn't be on any other national TV show before the next week's show, I promised.  Then I had to hurry and find out what "The View" was.

It's about time to look at the old VCR tape of that show again. And to get it copied onto a DVD.

But back to Jon. We Trump backers know that America doesn't "belong" only to us. It belongs to all of us.

Jon, you were wrong when you said, "There is no real America." And, Jon, there is America. Why don't you just leave? In fact, when those other Democrats say they are leaving the U.S. after Trump wins, go with them. Of course, they are lying, but it gets them lines in the press now.

No comments: