Saturday, December 18, 2010

Games people play on Facebook (Bentley)

A flurry of exchanges occurred on the first Facebook page ("BBM-1") created to find Beth Bentley during this past week. Curiosity focuses on just which person (frequent commenter) has vanished (from the FB page) and why.

Did that person drop her profile and cause all comments to go up in a puff of smoke? Or did one of the so-called Administrators of that page and discussion groups decide "enough is enough" and pull the plug on that person?

I've thought about creating a "poser" account to regain access to BBM-1, but I don't care enough about who is posting what on that FB page to do it. Or am I misleading folks? Have I already created a poser account? Am I just writing this, as if I am still blocked?

Many frequent commenters have stopped submitting comments. Have some of them wised up? Is the net tightening about some necks of people connected to Beth?

People tend first to run off at the mouth with "I didn't do it" and "I don't know what happened". Others mislead, misdirect, throw out red herrings. But they really do know something, but they just don't want others (particularly those with the badges on their uniforms) to know it.

But eventually even they wise up or watch another segment of "Law & Order". How many times do you have to hear "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law" before you "get" it?

Anything you say ... Maybe it should be written, "ANYTHING you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Should you put a Post-It on your driver's license with "Remember my Miranda Rights"?

No comments: