Monday, December 27, 2010

400,000+ views

Many thanks to all the readers of the Woodstock Advocate since its inception almost four years ago on April 15, 2007.

On January 3, 2009, I put a counter on the blog, after I was denied access to crime reports in Woodstock because my blog didn't have many readers. The assertion was that there had been only 2,000 hits in a year and that my blog wasn't "media". The statute refers to "electronic media" but doesn't specifically mention "blogs". A weak claim by the City but not worth court action.

In just less than two years the counter has recorded 400,000 page views. I understand that these are not "unique" views. Whenever any reader views a page on this blog, it constitutes a click.

When you see an article you'd like to share with someone, just use the little white envelope below the article to forward it. I don't ever see the email address to which it is sent (or even that it has been forwarded), so your privacy (and that of the recipient) is assured.

Comments are invited. The great majority of comments are posted, regardless of opinion. A few are screened out.

I thank each and every reader, and I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

No comments: