Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Car on Front Lawn


Here's an example of a typical City Code violation that is addressed by Woodstock's Code Enforcement Officer, Donovan Day. This blue Pontiac four-door sedan is parked on the front lawn.
There is no front license plate and two For Sale signs are displayed in the side windows.
What does this do to property values in Woodstock? If the problem is not monitored carefully and addressed promptly, the problem grows.
The Code Enforcement Officer will visit the property and contact the tenant or owner. He'll explain the City Code, issue a Notice of Violation as documentation of the violation, and ask that the vehicle be moved off the front lawn.
Often, tenants and property owners don't even know they are in violation, and the "soft" approach by the City results in a positive interaction between the City and the public.
If you see a similar violation, just send an email to CodeEnforcement@woodstockil.gov and Donovan will check it out. Your name will not be revealed to the tenant or property owner in violation, and Donovan will handle everything professionally and courteously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Property value in WOOODSTOCK????? What do you care? You don't even own the sissy ass red VW you drive......

Anonymous said...

Gus you have nothing else better to do in your life than to go take pictures of cars in yards? GET A LIFE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a car and a truck in my front yard (both for sale) and never had a problem with the City. The Code Enforcementdude (he's a hip fellow and kinda' cute, but don't tell my boy fiend). He told me to get rid of it or he have to pay me another visit - I left the car and truck their but he never showed up. They got sold a few days later, but I'd still like to hang with the Code dude. Who loves ya' baby!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gus, I park my truck in the lawn sometimes. Why dont you come over and take some pictures and complain about it on this site for all of your crap. I also got a car that doesnt have any plates on it either, but its in my driveway and off the road, so try to bitch about that asshole. Plus, I better not see you in front of my house taking pictures from your queer red beatle or I will call the cops for harassment or just come out and beat the crap out of you, you perverted old man.