Monday, October 1, 2012

Why Grandpa carries a gun

A friend sent a link to an article today, and it's a keeper.

It has been around a while - I know I've read it before, but it was good to read it again. And it reminded me of a day in Columbia, S.C., when I was taking my young grandson for a walk through his neighborhood.

We stopped at a fence to pet a dog and visit with the children playing in the yard. After a few minutes I decided it might be a good idea to go to the house, introduce myself and explain why I was at the fence.

When the man opened the door, he was packin'. And I don't mean packing to move. He was wearing a shoulder holster with a heavy-duty, semi-automatic pistol in it. I'll have to admit that I was taken aback, but only momentarily. We just aren't used to see people carrying guns.

Read this article about why Grandpa carries a gun. Makes sense, doesn't it?

No comments: