Friday, November 16, 2012

Slow week at the sheriff's dept.

The past seven days must have been a slow week at the McHenry County Sheriff's Department. There has not been even one new media release since November 8. when Ryan O'Keefe was arrested near Richmond.

Have there really been no crimes of note in the whole of McHenry County, or is it just the case of "Don't tell the public"?

Sheriff Nygren was spotted arriving at the McHenry County Government Center late Wednesday afternoon, so mark up (part of) another day at work for him in 2012. He avails himself of special parking in the sally port, rather than parking behind the building in the space reserved for "501".

If I were Sheriff? I'd park in the back parking lot, just like everybody else, and I wouldn't have the #1 spot closest to the building reserved for me. And I'd tell my command staff to park "out" a little way and allow the line employees to have first choice of parking spots. I'd also get rid of the special reserved parking for Corrections command staff in front of the jail and loosen up that parking for visitors of inmates.

No comments: