Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bakery union strikers get what they deserve

Check out the reporting on the court hearing yesterday about the Bakery Union strike and the planned liquidation of Hostess.

The Union's leadership didn't even think it was important enough to show in court with its lawyer. Judge Robert Drain noted that the union had skipped a critical step in the negotiations process when it failed to file an objection to the last offer by Hostess.

According to the Associated Press, Judge Drain said, "Many people, myself included, have serious questions as to the logic behind this strike. Not to have gone through that step leaves a huge question mark in this case."

I don't know, though. Maybe I helped with the demise of Hostess. I don't think I have ever purchased Twinkies, Ding Dongs or a Ho Ho.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Whew!!! I was worried there for a second that the plastic non biodegradable poison mascara-ding dong as bakery goods that our kids and us have ingested that has a shelf life of 100's of years would no longer be made. That was a close one!!!