Thursday, February 12, 2009

Story tips and leads

Got something you want checked out? Know about some misdeeds happening here in McHenry County that needs to be aired in public? Sick and tired of illegal arrests, entrapment, discrimination, racial profiling? Aware of any laws being broken while the "law" is being enforced?

OK, no slander; no libel. Send me enough that I can check it out and I'll write about it. Provide dates, locations, names, Case Numbers, Ticket Numbers, whatever I need to pull reports and get the details. There's a lot happening that never makes it into the papers.

For example, several years ago I heard about some pizza delivery drivers who were being stopped for minor traffic violations. They were told they could pay their fines in cash on the spot. So they did. No paperwork. No tickets issued. Where did that money go? When I approached to the drivers, they were reluctant to talk about it. Gee, I wonder why. Can you spell "undocumented"?

Email me at gus@woodstockadvocate.com
Fax it to me at (815) 338-2666
Call me at (847) 971-7083
Sorry, no toll-free tip line.

No comments: