Saturday, May 31, 2008

Surprise Visit

Today in Columbia, S.C. I decided to surprise the owner of a metaphysical bookstore here with a visit. I met her in about 1993 and have stayed in touch through several moves of her store. When I was here in December, I visited her and bought a book that she recommended.

When I entered today, two customers were in the store. She stopped what she was doing and said, "I was just looking at your business card this morning and was going to email you and ask how you are!"

I replied that I "had gotten her message."

She has an absolutely wonderful, small store. If you are ever in Columbia, contact me and I'll provide her name, address and phone number. She is also a massage therapist and conducts individual meditation sessions.

Don't you just love coincidences like this? How many times has something like this happened to you? Care to post an interesting event of serendipity?

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That happens to me everyday when I'm driving down the road and I think, " theres G-Pott in his faggot beettle." And then I see a hideous face behind the wheel....

phil_guspott(classic_rat) said...

hey gus i am gazing in my crystal ball and i see you getting into a firery crash w/ ur bettle, due to the fact that ur stalking petty things. IE women joggers, discarded philpotts i meant toilets,and other kind of meaningless crap