Sunday, March 27, 2011

Petty politics in Island Lake

Yesterday I attended a R.I.G.H.T. Party gathering at Culver's in Island Lake. While I was there, one person mentioned having spotted a man removing a political sign of R.I.G.H.T. Party candidates from a location near Culver's. By the time she turned around and returned to the corner, the person and the sign were gone.

Today Chuck Cermak and Allen Murvine were at Joe Ptak's house and erected two of their campaign signs in the parkway in front of Joe's house. Although Mrs. Ptak told them not to do so, they asserted that they had a "right" to do it. The Murvine took a photograph of their signs in front of the Ptak household.

Can you imagine voters even possibly considering Cermak and Murvine for office, if that's the jerk stuff they pull during a campaign?

Just imagine if I had gone to Nygren's house in Hebron and put up two of my campaign signs in the easement? Would I have had the "right" to do that? How long do you think it would have stayed there?

To me, it sounded like Joe was alarmed and disturbed and that his peace and that of his wife and daughter, had been breached. That's all that is needed for Disorderly Conduct charges against Cermak and Murvine.

Joe, just be sure not to point your ".38 cal. finger" at them! You're in Island Lake, home of the Trigger Finger.

1 comment:

B.Logger said...

I hope they went to the state police or McHenry County Sheriff. The officer who made the report may be the next one on the chopping block if it was an Island Lake officer. The Mayor and Chief are on a roll getting cops to resign.