Friday, December 18, 2009

Give me your 2-cents' worth

What I'd like to learn from you is what you want the next sheriff of McHenry Count to do for you.

This is your chance. You know how most political candidates tell you what they are going to do for you? You know it's time to grab your wallet. What I want to know is, what kind of law enforcement do you want from your County Sheriff?

In 1986 Buck Rodgers' book, The IBM Way, was published. It contained a process he used at IBM and that was to ask employees what they'd do, if they were President of the Data Processing Division of IBM. When he assumed control of that division in 1967, he asked the thousands of employees in it to tell him what they'd do to make things better.

He geared up to respond to every suggestion, and he established incentives and recognition for his employees.

So here is what I'd like you to tell me: "If I were Sheriff of McHenry County, I would ______."

You can put your name on it or not. Tell me how it is. What's working? What's not working? And, if it's not working, what changes need to be made, so that it will work?

Here's how you get your ideas to me:

1. Post here as a comment; or
2. Email to me at gus@gusphilpott.com; or
3. Mail to Gus Philpott, 500 Lake Ave. - 1, Woodstock, IL 60098; or
4. Fax to 815-338-2666

If you are an employee of the McHenry County Sheriff's Department or the Jail, I am especially interested in your advice. If you include your name, it will remain confidential.

Elect me as your next Sheriff and on December 1, 2010, retribution against whistleblowers will cease.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop the Bureaucracy.
Stop the "political correctness".
Punish criminals.
Prevent crime.
Implement COMMON SENSE.
Legalize motor vehicle use while consuming 40oz bottles or less.

Ok, the last one is self-serving (no pun). Doh.